Authorisation, registration or certification in another EEA country or Switzerland

Applicable to all EEA countries and Switzerland, except the UK and the Netherlands.

If you already have an authorisation, registration or certification as an electrician in another EEA country, you must send the following documents to the National Electrical Safety Board when you apply for authorisation.

1. Application

You must apply using the form specified by the National Electrical Safety Board or via an e-service. The application must state which authorisation type you are applying for.

2. Authorisation, registration or certification

Include a copy of your authorisation, registration or certification. It must show that your authorisation is equivalent to the authorisation you are applying for in Sweden.

Note that the authorisation, registration or certification must be issued by a competent authority. The documents must be in the original language.

Assessment based on legal requirements

Your application will be assessed in accordance with the Act (2016:145) on the recognition of professional qualifications.

Act (2016:145) on the recognition of professional qualifications on the Riksdag web site (in Swedish)

Responsible: Ulrica Nordin