Mutual recognition of goods lawfully marketed in another EU Member State
Goods that are not covered by European Union harmonisation legislation is covered by regulation (EU) 2019/515 on the mutual recognition of goods lawfully marketed in another Member State.
This means that an electrical product or products of a given type that is not covered by the Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EC), the Radio Equipment Directive (2014/53/EC) or another harmonised product directive, and is lawfully sold in another EU member state, can be made available on the market in Sweden. If there are national technical rules in Swedish legislation, products have to be conformative to be made available on the market in Sweden.
The following product types has national technical rules in Sweden:
- Plugs and socket-outlets for domestic use
- Electrical fence controllers
Sweden has introduced a regulatory framework for these product types consisting of:
- the Electrical Safety Act (SFS 2016:732)
- the Electrical Safety Ordinance (SFS 2017:218)
- the National Electrical Safety Board’s regulations ELSÄK-FS 2019:1 on plugs and socket-outlets for domestic use
- The National Electrical Safety Board’s regulations ELSÄK-FS 2011:2 on electrical fence controllers.