Education from a country outside Sweden
If you received your education in a country other than Sweden, all documents (apart from the application) must be submitted in the original language. A translation must also be provided if the documents are in a language other than Swedish, English, Norwegian, Finnish or Danish.
The following documents must accompany your application:
You must apply using the form specified by the National Electrical Safety Board or via an e-service. The application must state which authorisation type you are applying for.
- Application form (pdf, 1,2 MB)
- E-form for application
- E-service to apply for authorisation (in Swedish) - Swedish e-ID required
- Authorisation types
2. Education certificates
In order to meet the education requirement, your education must satisfy the theoretical requirements stipulated in the National Electrical Safety Board’s authorisation regulations.
So that the National Electrical Safety Board can assess your education, the application must be accompanied by the following:
- Copy of your official degree, diploma or qualification certificate, in the original language and in translation.
- Copy of your official personal academic record showing the content of your studies, in the original language and in translation.
3. Attestations confirming practical experience
Include attestations confirming that you have the practical experience required for the authorisation type you are applying for. Note that at least half the period of practical experience must be undertaken in Sweden. The remaining time can be credited if the practical experience is undertaken in another EEA country or in Switzerland. The form specified by the National Electrical Safety Board must be used to attest the practical experience. The forms are different depending on whether the practical experience:
- consists of electrical installation work carried out in Sweden before or after 1 July 2017
Practical experience undertaken before 1 July 2017 (pdf, 1.5 MB)
Practical experience undertaken after 1 July 2017 (pdf, 1.2 MB)
- was undertaken in another EEA country or Switzerland
Practical experience - other EEA country or Switzerland (pdf, 1.5 MB)
- consists of other work involving electricity
Practical experience - other work involving electricity (pdf, 1.5 MB)
Practical experience undertaken outside the EEA or Sweden cannot be credited for an application for authorisation.
Assessment based on regulatory requirements
Your application will be assessed in accordance with the National Electrical Safety Board's regulations ELSÄK-FS 2017:4.